06 November 2009

Christmas in California



This will be our first Christmas away from our families. This is going to be extra tough on the both of us so I have been starting new traditions for our home and I think I am a little too anxious! I usually go to farmer's market on Saturdays and buy a bouquet for our dinner table center piece from the sweetest florist named Alfredo. He always says to me, "Such beautiful flowers for such a beautiful flower." So sweet. I think he is the only other guy that Cody lets kiss me on the cheek. So precious. Well anyways, I happened to pass by the cutest little pine tree and I could not stop myself from getting this as our new winter center piece. I tied a cute red ribbon around it and put it in one of my many estate-sale-find baskets! My husband has had such a rough week at work, but as soon as he walked in the door and saw that we had a real-live tree sitting atop our table, his worries seemed to be left at the door. So I will have to get flowers from Alfredo for our sitting room this time. He will understand.

How I do miss the snow. I am starting to wish cold weather and I might need to be one of those people that order loads of snow to be dumped on their front lawn. How fun. We could make snow angels and have the neighborhood boys running from our massive snow balls! Oh well, we will just have to head to the mountains sometime this Christmas. Last year we went up to Idyllwild. It is the cutest mountain town with a few one of a kind eateries and art & craft stores enough to get lost in. I remember visiting a gallery and hanging out with the artist for about an hour talking about his work and life, and such. Such nice people. They have the mountain to themselves, and yet they are still only one hour from Palm Springs. That's living. While we were up there, we had to take advantage of the snow! A trail found us and called our name, us and the Dog. We hiked til the sun went down and enjoyed it setting on the ocean from our mountain elevation. Now that was truly romantic and rare. On our way back to the car, we gathered a few of the largest pine cones we had ever seen! I made sure to set them out again this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am living in southern California with my hubby and cutest pup. Through our travels across country, we take many photos and enjoy capturing God's beauty around us in people, places, and things we meet along the way. There is no greater joy of mine than to worship in the midst of His creation and share it with loved ones.